Check out Nook Press
Barnes and Noble recently launched a new self-publishing platform called NOOK Press. NOOK Press allows indepentent authors and publishers to write, edit, collaborate, publish and sell eBooks. The price is right: There's no cost.
Barnes and Noble is hoping that NOOK Press will appeal to writers who want to "reach millions of readers". Any indie writer or publisher knows, that reaching millions of readers is exactly the single most difficult part of their whole endeavor... because writers and publishers have control over what they write and how they produce their titles, but they don't have control over who sees and ultimately buys their titles. B&N is trying to woo authors and publishers with the promise of "sales success." That of course is what it's all about, right?
To use NOOK Press, you must set up an account. If you already have a PubIt! account. you can sync the two accoutnts. All of your PubIt! titles, account, and sales information automatically move over to NOOK Press.
Here are the features of Nook Press:
- One-stop Publishing Solution: Write, edit, format and publish your eBooks in our web-based platform, instantly reaching millions of NOOK customers within 72 hours.
- Easy ePub Creation and Editing: Upload your manuscript file and make changes directly in NOOK Press. Editing and previewing in one session saves you time and effort.
- Integrated Collaboration: Collaborate with editors, copyeditors, and friends, allowing them to review and comment on your manuscript without ever leaving NOOK Press.
- Visual Sales Reporting: Our new visually-enhanced sales report makes tracking your sales progress even easier.
- Instant Chat: Live Chat customer service is now available to quickly answer your questions Monday through Friday between 9am-9pm EST.
- Pathway to Passionate Readers Everywhere: Publish once and reach millions of customers using NOOK and NOOK Reading Apps in the US and UK.
- Favorable PubIt! business terms and commitment to a transparent retail partnership remain unchanged.